- Students should be 18 years of age or older, or out of the public school system for at least one year.
- College assessments in reading, writing and mathematics will be required.
- All students must see an advisor for course placement and permission to register
- ESL students wishing to register in self-paced:
- Mathematics must have completed Upper Intermediate English or higher
- Physics must have completed Upper Advanced English or higher
- Biology must have completed English 059 or higher, and
- General Science must have completed Upper Advanced English or higher.
- This program is available to Canadian citizens and permanent residents. See program options for international students at VCC International.
- Applicants who self-identify as Indigenous are strongly encouraged to connect with VCC’s Indigenous Education and Community Engagement team to learn more about VCC’s Indigenous Enrolment policy, application preparation/completion, program advising, and a range of other individualized services.
- Applicants must be 16 years of age or older or a graduate of a secondary school. (Some exceptions may apply.)
- Applicants must submit official transcripts and educational documents as required by their course or program.
|CCAC 0758||Language Skills Access||0|
|CCAC 1084||Comm for Health Sciences||0|
|ENGL 0750||English 10 Part 1||4|
|ENGL 0752||English 10 Part 2||4|
|ENGL 0861||English 11 Part 1||4|
|ENGL 0871||English 11 Part 2||4|
|ENGL 0981||English 12 Part 1||4|
|ENGL 0991||English 12 Part 2||4|
|ENGL 0992||Tech & Professional English 12||4|
|ENGL 0994||English 12 Essential||4|
|ENGL 1040||LPI Test Preparation||0|
|ENSK 0716||Reading and Study Skills 10||0|
|ENSK 0726||Writing Skills 10||0|
|ENSK 0816||Reading and Study Skills 11||0|
|ENSK 0826||Writing Skills 11||0|
|ENSK 0916||Reading and Study Skills 12||0|
|ENSK 0926||Writing Skills 12||0|
|RSSK 1076||Reading and Study Skills||0|
|WRSK 0802||Writing Skills 11 Health Sci||0|
|WRSK 1076||Writing Skills||0|
* This information is intended as a guideline only. Program and course details are subject to change with the approval of VCC's Board of Governors.
Fees and other costs*
Approved Adult Upgrading Grant may cover the cost of these classes. See Financial Aid for Applications.
|Fee description||Fee Amount||Notes|
0 - 1
0 - 2
0 - 3
0 - 4
|Student union||55||per term|
|College initiative||8||per course|
|Materials||0||not including textbooks|
|Medical & Dental||0|
subject to eligibility
|Program-specific extra fees||0|
* Fees are approximate and subject to change with the approval of VCC's Board of Governors. Students are required to pay any applicable fee increases. Application and assessment fees are non-refundable. Tuition fees include a $300 non-refundable deposit.
Fees listed are for domestic students. For international programs, visit VCC International.
Any refunds are issued according to VCC's refund policy.
After applying, please contact the CCA department at 604.871.7000, ext. 7366.
Department permission is required to register for courses in this program.