What you will learn
Upon completion of the Marketing Technology Diploma graduates will be able to:
- Communicate effectively and respectfully as business professionals
- Apply business principles, theories, skills and best practices
- Evaluate financial information and financial implications related to business decisions to support the goals of a business enterprise
- Apply critical thinking and analytical skills/strategies to provide marketing solutions that meet the needs of a business
- Develop a marketing plan that meets the needs of a business or organization
- Integrate the concepts, processes and applications of marketing automation and Customer Relationship Management (CRM), into a company's business operations
- Use data analysis to support strategic and operational business decisions
- Identify the unique opportunities and issues that arise when marketing to an Indigenous community
- Apply principles of corporate social responsibility, sustainability and ethics? in their work as business professionals
What to expect
The courses will be presented using a variety of instructional strategies, resources and activities including lectures, case studies, discussions, presentations, and individual and group work.? Courses have been designed with learner centred approaches that promotes collaboration and student engagement.??
Students will work with actual data sets to simulate marketing automation tasks.??
- Grade 12 graduation or equivalent
- Knowledge of English demonstrated by one of the following:
- English 12 with a minimum 'C+' grade or equivalent,?or
- English Language Proficiency?at an English 12 ‘C+’ level
- Knowledge of mathematics demonstrated by one of the following:
- Math 11 Foundations with a minimum ‘C+’ grade or equivalent,?or
- Pre-Calculus 11?with a minimum 'C+' grade or equivalent,?or
- VCC Math 0861 and 0871?with a minimum 'C+' grade,?or
- VCC Math Assessment with the following scores: Basic Math with a minimum 80%?and?Algebra with a minimum 60%
- This program is available to Canadian citizens and permanent residents. See program options for international students at VCC International.
- Applicants who self-identify as Indigenous are strongly encouraged to connect with VCC’s Indigenous Education and Community Engagement team to learn more about VCC’s Indigenous Enrolment policy, application preparation/completion, program advising, and a range of other individualized services.
- Applicants must be 16 years of age or older or a graduate of a secondary school. (Some exceptions may apply.)
- Applicants must submit official transcripts and educational documents as required by their course or program.
- Well-developed analytical and critical thinking skills
- An interest in the field of business and marketing
- Good basic computer literacy and working knowledge of various social media programs?
- Ability to work well with others on a diverse team environment
Marketing Technology Diploma
|MGMT?1004||Communications in the Canadian Workplace||3|
|MGMT?1021||Computer Applications for Management||3|
|MGMT?1006||Fundamentals of Marketing||3|
|MGMT?1002||The Canadian Economy||3|
|MGMT?1003||Principles of Management||3|
|MGMT?1012||Indigenous Business in Canada||3|
|MGMT?1011||Information Technology Management||3|
|MKTG?1024||Customer Relationship Management||3|
|MGMT?2017||Canadian Business Law||3|
|MGMT?2006||Business Analysis and Systems Design||3|
|MKTG?2031||Customer Relationship Management (CRM) Software Administration||3|
|MGMT?2003||Business Data Analytics||3|
|MGMT?1010||Business Sustainability and Ethics||3|
|MKTG?2041||Advanced Customer Relationship Management (CRM) Administration||3|
|MKTG?2009||Advertising and Marketing Communication||3|
* This information is intended as a guideline only. Program and course details are subject to change with the approval of VCC's Board of Governors.
Fees and other costs*
|Fee description||Fee Amount||Notes|
6300 - Year 1
6300 - Year 2
0 - Year 3
0 - Year 4
|Materials||0||not including textbooks|
|Medical & Dental||550|
|Program-specific extra fees||0|
* Fees are approximate and subject to change with the approval of VCC's Board of Governors. Students are required to pay any applicable fee increases. Application and assessment fees are non-refundable. Tuition fees include a $300 non-refundable deposit.
Fees listed are for domestic students. For international programs, visit VCC International.
Any refunds are issued according to VCC's refund policy.